Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue
Please read the following prior to completing an application and paying your application fee. Application fees are non-refundable.
Note: Since dogs are fostered in our private homes throughout Illinois and Indiana, it is not possible to simply "come and meet them." We do not allow potential adopters to meet dogs until they have been approved to adopt.
- We will not consider families for adoption until the application process has been completed. You can begin the process by completing the adoption application.
- Currently, FFGDR only adopts dogs to forever families living in Illinois, Indiana, and parts of the surrounding states. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you qualify as "parts of the surrounding states." If you live in an area outside of our adoption area but still wish to adopt a Great Dane, go to www.gdca.com to find additional rescue groups. As our volunteer base grows, so will our adoption areas. We can only adopt to areas where we have volunteers that are able to perform home checks.
- Please be understanding, we are an all volunteer organization and for that reason, the adoption process can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks depending on the number of applications we are processing at the time and the availability of volunteers in your area.
- Applications can be denied at any point throughout the adoption process. If you are denied, you will receive a letter from FFGDR.
- Families adopting a deaf great dane must have a fenced yard. There are NO exceptions.
- Our adoption fees are as follows:
- Up to 5 years of age - $400
- 6-9 years of age - $300
- 9 years of age and up - negotiable
Note: Adopters will be refunded $50 of their adoption fee once the training requirement has been fulfilled and a training certificate signed by a certified trainer or behaviorist is received.
Please be aware that we do check some key points on the application including personal and veterinary references and property ownership (or land lord approval). We also do a physical home check before the final approval takes place. We will give each applicant thorough consideration, but filling out an application will not guarantee approval, nor will it guarantee that you will be the best match for the particular great dane that you are interested in. The approval will be based on providing the proper, loving suitable home for a great dane.
This is all done because the dogs that we take into our rescue are our top priority. They have already been surrendered to a new home at least one and we hope to ensure they find their forever home.